Role Description: BIM Engineer – Highway
For some exciting engineering projects in the Transportation realm, across various regions of India, we are looking to appoint a Highways BIM Engineer to support the delivery of complex civil engineering and multidisciplinary BIM models across a range of major projects.
We aim in offering a truly multi-disciplinary capability and bring exciting opportunities to influence major transportation projects from beginning to end. Our vision is to be the world’s best consultancy firm to leverage use of BIM and embracing the digital future to bring about transformational benefits for the Transportation Engineering industry.
This key post will be based out of Bhubaneswar, which deliver to all of regions across the India. Our portfolio of work continues to grow and we will offer a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply knowledge, experience and problem solving skills.
As a Highways BIM Engineer, you will be a key part of the model delivery team and will be an experienced BIM user and coordinator with some management experience. Reporting to the Lead BIM Engineer, you will be responsible for the project BIM model production resources. This role offers excellent opportunities for career development for the right candidate.
- Produce intelligent 3D models and extract information directly from the model to form 2D drawings, schedules, setting out, quantities and other deliverables.
- Manage the Highways discipline 3D models, review model quality and technical content including clash detection and compliance with the BEP.
- Provide commercial input by pricing up BIM tasks for bids and projects as required.
- Work with the Information Manager and project teams to assist in the development and implementation of BIM strategies, BIM Execution Plans, workflows and processes on projects in accordance with Atkins Corporate Standards, Client requirements and industry best practice.
- Actively contribute to project design development by contributing to internal coordination, clash detection and design review sessions as well as external presentations to clients.
- Manage the Structures Team Common Data Environment (CDE) of the project, and the distribution of coordinated digital documents to the project teams.
- Undertake 4D BIM Project timeline modelling.
- Provide quality control for compliance to company/project standards of deliverables.
- Provide over the shoulder support for staff developing models and 2D drawing extractions.
- Provide technical orientation of new hires and student trainees regarding BIM process and workflows.
- Maintain a high level of competency of major BIM software tools used.
Perks & benefits: Best in the industry